We are a team of professional, experienced and capable planning and development lawyers.
We can assist you with all aspects of planning law ranging from the interpretation of Local Environmental Plans (LEPs) and Development Control Plans (DCPs) up to and including appeals to the Land and Environment Court. We have acted for and against various NSW councils, including in-house advisory and advocacy roles.
We can advise you on any aspect of planning law, including:
- the development application process;
- appeal rights and various appeal options;
- section 94 contributions;
- voluntary planning agreements (VPAs);
- existing use rights;
- exempt and complying development;
- State Environmental Planning Policies;
- interpreting environmental planning instruments and policies;
- orders issued under section 121B of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act or section 124 of the Local Government Act;
- class 4 civil proceedings in the Land and Environment Court (LEC);
- class 5 criminal proceedings in the LEC;
- class 2 proceedings in the LEC – tree related matters; and
- local Court prosecutions and civil proceedings.
We also offer a niche practice in prosecuting and defending offences under the Local Government Act 1993 which regulates the payment of rates, certain approvals, the appointment and conduct of Councillors as well as the use of public land.
We can advise you on all matters relating to local government law, including:
- rates and charges;
- councillor codes of conduct;
- classification of land;
- use and misuse of community land;
- orders issued under section 124 of the LG Act;
- avenues of appeal;
- freedom of information (Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009);
- tendering requirements of councils;
- offences under the LG Act; and
- Local Court and Land and Environment Court proceedings.
If you need more information or help contact us today.